**** UNDER UPDATE ****
REGULATIONS AND INFORMATION
Ravenna Runners Club ASD in collaboration and with the support of the Municipality of Ravenna, Regione Emilia – Romagna, is organizing the event in athletics road race included in the National FIDAL calendar.
Ravenna Marathon City of Art is part of the Abbott World Marathon Majors Wanda Age Group World Ranking.
The event will take place on 8/11/2020
Meeting: 7:30 am
Departure time: 9:00 am
The competition takes place on the distance of:
- Male: 42,195 FIDAL certified
- Female: 42,195 FIDAL certified
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION FOR ATHLETES NOT MEMBER OF AN ITALIAN CLUB
If you run with tourist-sporting goals in the not agonistic race it will be enough to register online and then sign and upload the Ravenna Marathon liability waiver form.
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE LIABILITY WAIVER FORM
- ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT REQUIRED: COVID 19 SELF-CERTIFICATION FORM (download here) to be delivered when collect the dorsal
If you prefer to take part in the agonistic race, and have the chance to compete for a prize and be included in the FIDAL/IAAF ranking list you have to:
• hold membership of a foreign Sports Federation affiliated with IAAF and in this case you have to provide Venicemarathon with a copy of the association license or a self declaration in which you declare that you are affiliated with a sports club;
• get the FIDAL Runcard and provide Ravenna Marathon with a copy of the medical certification which allows you to take part in competitive races according to the Italian law.
TIMING AND RANKING
Time measurement and the compilation of the rankings are by Timing Data Service Srl; they are validated by the Technical Delegate/ Judge.
ABSOLUTE RANKING AWARD
The prize will be coming soon
For the anti covid 19 regulations, starting sectors of 400 athletes maximum will be prepared with departures every 5 minutes (rules subject to variations based on the regulations updated by the Competent Authorities). Each participant will receive instructions regarding their sector / starting time before the race.
The Organization will carry out cross-checks to verify the truth of the best times indicated in the registration phase.
Departure sectors will then be prepared with a division of the dorsals based on the best time indicated in the registration form; who does NOT enter the best time will start from the last sector.
Entry into the starting sectors will be allowed starting from the time indicated with check of the bib numbers.
The sectors with their bib numbers will be communicated in the coming days.
Time measurement and processing of rankings, will be taken thanks to an electronic system consisting of a chip property of T.D.S. Timing Data Service Srl. The chip will be given to athletes together with the race dorsal. For each athlete it will provide: the official time (from the start gun to the finish line), net time (from the start line to the finish line), intermediate points (of the half-marathon) and any spot checks.
The athletes without the chip provided by the organization will not be timed and will not appear in officials rankings.
BAG STORAGE SERVICE
Each participant will receive, along with the dorsal number, a sticker with their bib number to be applied to the personal items bag delivered to all runners.
ONLY THE OFFICIAL BAGS OF THE MARATHON WILL BE ACCEPTED! ( NOT PERSONAL BAGS of considerable size such as trolleys and / or suitcases).
Mandatory delivery of the bags in the STARTING AREA: will be announced in the next few days.
They must be collected by showing their bib number.
TIME LIMIT COURSE
The route will be forbidden to traffic for a maximum of 6h30. Athletes who can’t finish the race within 6h30 will be out of the ranking.
REFRESHMENT AND REST STOP
As per IAAF / FIDAL regulations, there are refreshment points at the start, at the finish and every 5 km along the entire route; In the refreshment points along the route, sealed bottles of water are provided. As suggested by the federal protocol, athletes are recommended to bring with them what they need for the competition: bars, energy gels, mineral salts.
For the anti covid 19 legislation there are NO sponging points.
They will be available at the starting area (inside the Public Gardens) and at the refreshment points along the route.
For the anti covid19 legislation there are no changing rooms and showers.
For the anti covid 19 legislation the pacer service is NOT provided.
The route will be closed to traffic for a maximum of 6.30 hours. Athletes who finish the course after 6.30 hours will be considered out of the race.
VEHICLES ON THE ROUTE
On the race course, due to the Prefectural ordinance, the transit of all vehicles including bicycles will be prohibited. Violators will be stopped and punished according to the law.
MEDICAL ASSISTANCE – MASSAGE SERVICE
Present in the start and finish area and on the route with ambulances and medical staff.
For anti covid 19 legislation, massage service is NOT provided.
ATHLETES WHO DO NOT REACH THE FINISH LINE
Athletes who drop out of the race can rendezvous at the refreshment and rest stops, from where they will be taken to the finish area, in via di Roma – zona Mar and where they will find their bags
RANKING AND CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
SUSPENSION OR FAILURE TO EXECUTION OF THE EVENT
In case of cancellation of the race due to force majeure not dependent and / or not related to the will of the organization, including the revocation of the authorization to carry out the event by the competent Authorities, no refund will be due to the participants regarding the registration fee. The organization will verify the possibility of transfer the registration fee to the next edition.
The organization will verify the possibility of transferring the registration to the next edition.
- The personal data collected will be processed in compliance with the principles of correctness, lawfulness and transparency and the protection of your privacy and your rights. The treatment may take place in paper form and through automated filing in the RAVENNA RUNNERS CLUB ASD computer system;
- the provision of personal data is mandatory in order to use the services provided by RAVENNA RUNNERS CLUB ASD;
- if the athlete has expressed his consent on the registration form, he may also receive information of a promotional nature both from the association and from his partners;
- if you have expressed your explicit consent on the registration form, you will see published images that portray you in the performance of amateur sports activities through the communication tools deemed functional by the association;
- the information acquired will be treated in compliance with the privacy legislation and will not be disclosed to third parties who are not in charge or responsible for data processing, affiliated sports organizations and CONI, except as specified in point 3 and without prejudice to the request from the Judicial authority, by the Guardia di Finanza or by another authorized public body;
- the system (articles 12 – 22 of the GDPR) recognizes a series of rights including, by way of example, the right to obtain the updating, rectification or integration of data as well as their cancellation, transformation into form anonymous or their blocking if processed in violation of the law and the right to object to the processing of data for commercial or promotional information, to send advertising material or to carry out market research and the right to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Guarantor. For any communication it is possible to write via e-mail to email@example.com or, by registered mail, to: RAVENNA RUNNERS CLUB ASD, Via Oriani n. 44, 48121 – Ravenna
For further information on Ravenna Marathon (how to register, accommodation, how to reach us etc…) please contact:
Any complaints should be filed in accordance with the rules of FIDAL and R.T.I.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right to modify this Regulation at any time for any reason it deems appropriate for a better organization of the race, after having communicated and obtained approval from FIDAL. As far as not covered by this regulation, the FIDAL and G.G.G technical regulations apply. Any changes to services, places and times will be communicated to the enrolled athletes or will be posted on the website www.maratonadiravenna.com. In addition, the documentation containing the essential information to take part in the race will be delivered by the organization together with the pectoral.
CONTACT & INFO